Thursday, January 13, 2011

Going from Montreal to Thompson, Manitoba

We drove from Montreal to Thompson, Manitoba, which took about 2 days of driving to get there. We drove for one night and the other we spent in a Motel. We had to go through the USA to make the drive over to Thompson shorter. When we finally got there it was only 8 pm but we were all so tired that we checked into a hotel and went straight to bed. When we woke up the next day we went to “Mystery Mountain Winter Park” and went skiing. I fell a lot, and my mom stayed inside but Simon and Melanie were surprisingly good at it. My dad on the other hand stayed on the bunny hill with me. We tried going on a bigger hill but then I fell and one of my skis slid half way down the hill while I rolled beside it. Once I came to my feet my dad and I had a contest of who could make it down the hill first, sadly my dad won.

During the next few days, we visited some of the nature parts of the city. There were a lot of sights to see, we also went snowmobiling which was really fun, and I’ve never done it that before. As we started leaving Thompson we went to a Provincial Park called “Paint Lake Provincial Park” it had a lot of forests, but not too many hills and defiantly no mountains. We also did some shopping while we were there; there were a lot of neat stores and restaurants. There was also this little bakery that sold freshly baked muffins each day, it was the best muffin I’ve ever tasted, needless to say we bought a lot of them. So, with that, we went off to our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment